Friday, July 17, 2009

16 & Pregnant

This cheese-tastic MTV docu-drama is narrated in MTV's super-serious fashion. It follows a different pregnant 16 year old each week. Their horrible life choices/ their parents' horrible life choices have landed them in this predicament.

(stick with me. This post gets good.)

The first time I watched the show Brian informed me he was not going to watch this. and proceeded to go upstairs and play video games. He's cool like that.

Tonight we were making toffe for his company picnic tomorrow and I turned this show on again for the season finale. Caitlynn had a crazy home life. She began dating Tyler when they were in 7th grade. Fast forward 4 years and Caitlynn's mom and Tyler's dad are married, and Caitlynn is pregnant. She and Tyler decide to give the baby up for adoption WITHOUT the support of their parents. :(

The adoptive parents bought Caitlynn a bracelet that said "Always in my heart." The adoptive mother had a matching one and they also got the baby girl one too.

I look over at my rock of a husband to see him with tears streaming down his face. He said it was like watching what could have happened between his parents and his birth mother.

aaaw.

3 comments:

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy said...

Wow

Allison Elizabeth said...

I saw this episode and just about wanted to cry! Since when do i want to cry watching TV and movies now?