Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oh, dear.

I'm not sure what I just got myself into.

We're moving.

Back to California.

I am excited and nervous and happy and sad. I feel like I am mourning the left that I dreamed if having here. I didn't imagine raising my kids in California. I dreamt if raising them here. With our friends. At the dance studio. Forever and ever, amen.

I am so excited that my hubby gets to have a job that he will love. I am happy I don't have to work 12 hour days and not see my kids. I miss them, and they need me. I want to be raising my kids, not having a patchwork quilt of nannies doing it. I love my job, but I don't love it enough to be sacrificing all of the things I am currently sacrificing for it. Namely, my sanity.

I will miss my friend emily so much I don't have words for it. I don't know what I will do without her. She has truly become family over the last 5 years. (I'm praying her husband miraculously gets transferred to CA too!)

We need to pack up our house in 24 days. Holy shit. I'm already tired just trying to figure out how to get it done!

1 comment:

Mike & Emily said...

I miss you, friend. :(. Reading this makes me sad. I wish you guys were still here. Life has moved on but I still miss you!