So, we've had quite a week. One by one the woods have dropped like flies with an awful stomach bug. It hit g last weekend and then Brian was down with it on Tuesday and I came down with it on Wednesday. Unfortunately because of the yucky ra and lupus meds I have been taking my immune system is basically shot and I got really sick; 104 fever and all.
By today, I really wasn't doing well and b took me to the ER. I couldn't walk in so b had to get a wheelchair and wheel me in. Awesome. They took one look at me and brought me right in to triage. 2 bags of Iv fluids, some zofran, and 3 hours later I feel 1000x better.
About half way through bag #1 of Iv fluids I started to perk up and check out what was going on around me. They had no beds available, so I was treated in their triage room which opens to the front desk. I got to hear everything! (ps this makes hippa a joke!)
One guy came in the day before and found out he had a brain tumor. He was a kaiser patient so they patched him up as best as they could and then he went to kaiser for brain imaging. Kaiser sent him home after taking some pictures. Fast forward to today and the guy returns not feeling well. They basically tell him we can't do a whole lot to help you without knowing what the tumor looks like/where it's location is. He goes to the palm desert kaiser to get copies of the images. Meanwhile, the nurses call kaiser and get the pics sent over to them. It turns out they guys brain was falling out of his skull and the nurses called him to get h back there ASAP! He shows back up and is ushered away. Another dr calls the dr at the front desk and is yelling at her about a ct scan, she responds with "I have a guy with a herniating brain! That's more important than the ct scan!" ha.
There were various fakers that I got to watch nurses mock. An ankle sprain, a nauseous girl, and a crazy guy who needed a catheter changed but then disappeared.
There was an older guy that was brought in by his dentist! He went in to get a toothache checked out, his bp was crazy high and his dentist actually drove him to the ER!!! How awesome is that?!?!
Major shout out goes to my sweet hubby who sat and entertained the (hungry, napless, and sometimes barefooted) kiddos in the waiting room for 3 hours. He rocks!
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment