Saturday, November 30, 2013

Things I want to write about. A series.

I miss blogging, so I'm back for now. Life gets busy with 3 littles demanding my attention at every waking moment. 

This is post number 1 on a series entitled: things I want to write about. 

Sub-title: embarrassing things that happened while hospitalized. 

While being very pregnant (for me at least) in the hospital, 34ish weeks, I sneezed. Well, actually, I snissed... While lying in bed. Do you know what that meant? I had to call the nurse and tell her I PEED MY BED and ask her to change the sheets. So awesome. 

Speaking of snissing, I'd like to introduce you to a word I made up: vomissing. If you have any deduction skills you may be able to gather what vomissing is from the last paragraph. If not I will break it down. Vomiting+peeing at the same time. It's actually the first clue I had that it might be time to make a trip to L&D. I was vomissing and yelled for Brian to call my OB to see if puking was a l&d or "continue to lay in bed" situation. It was l&d. 

While in the hospital I was put on zofran to help curtail the puking my blood pressure meds caused. Zofran is a god-send of a miracle drug, but it stops my bowels from working. Because I was in the hospital for so long I became quite chatty with my nurses. After 4 days without any "movement" I decided it was probably time to make mention of this fact to my nurse. After we were done chatting about my kids and her kids I had to somehow figure out how to hear te conversation toward the fact that I hadn't pooped in 4 days! Awesome! I ended up just blurting it out because how else do you insert that into everyday combo? Haha. Prune juice and several laxatives later, I avoided THE RECTAL SUPPOSITORY that was offered. Zomg, no gracias! 

Also while pregnant I suffered from symphis pubic dysfunction. (dislocating pubic bone) it is excruciatingly awful pain anytime you move one leg away from the other, you know, like, when you walk. I was getting out of the shower at the hospital and trying to get dressed. I couldn't lift my leg while standing to put my sweats, I needed to sit down to be able to do it. The doctor started to walk In while i was in the middle of this attempt and I was butt naked. 

Good times. Stay tuned for the next installment of "things I want to write about."

No comments: