Micah has to get tubes in his ears. This surgery should be cake compared to his hernia surgery last year though!
Speaking of cake... I've gone gluten free!
I have had really awful and unsolvable gastro-intestinal issues for a while now and had a really bad attack about 4 weeks ago. B, the GI office worker that he is, told me that I either get to have a colonoscopy or try not eating gluten. I opted for the gluten free diet. It has been the first four weeks of my life without a stomachache!! It really does kind of suck, and I'm REALLY sick of corn tortillas, but it's amazing to me that I've not had a stomachache. My dr, also Brian's boss is pretty convinced it's all in my head, but whatever. If it's working, I'll take it!
So, those are the updates for now.
:)
Edited to Add:
I was tested for Celiac Disease. I don't have it. Not even close. A weak positive is 4. A positive is 7. I came in at 3.7. I diagnosed myself with gluten triggered irritable bowel syndrome.



2 comments:
i think that is called celiac and it is very serious and it is not all in your head. my niece is borderline and has to be careful what she eats, no gluten..
Lindsey - I have celiac disease, so I've been gluten free for 6 years. Do you need some recipes?
Post a Comment