Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Taking a break.

I have decided to delete Facebook off of my phone for lent. I have been feeling like I spend way too much time on there during the day and I don't need to be doing that. I know that it is partially a way to connect with my friends in north Carolina that I miss terribly, but partially also just an insane, addicting habit.

I have been reading a mom blog (www.71toes.com) and this mom is just such an inspiration in regards to intentional parenting. Yes, she is mormon, and probably crafty, but she has a whole lot of wisdom! Kids are such an awesome gift and I want to be mentally present and physically present during my time with them. I just want to make the most of each day. Yes, it's a lofty goal, but I don't need to be checking Facebook while I'm pushing Grayson on the swing! I want to be consistent, and loving and there. I only have a few months until Micah starts kindergarten. Sob.

So, here's to new habits!
Happy Lent!

Edited to add:
I asked Micah if I should delete Facebook from my phone. He responded, "is that the app that is blue with a white" and then Drew his finger in the air to make an f. My almost kindergartener struggles to count to 10 and say his entire alphabet. That was enough of a mind shift for me to seal the deal!

No comments: