I have yet to establish a routine for Micah. he eats when he's hungry, about every 3 hours. Sleeps when he is tired. and plays when he is awake. It works for us now, but I don't think that it is a good plan for long term. I will start to think about changing it when it doesn't work for us anymore.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Parenting styles and the classroom
I wonder how differently i will parent than I teach. I think that I am a fairly strict teacher ( more kids=more rules) but a pretty laid back parent. I know that I will definitely expect good behavior, but I'm very realistic about it. Early childhood education classes have been great in that respect because I understand why a 3 year old can not physically sit and listen to a story filled with metaphors for 20 whole minutes A teacher has about 5 whole minutes of solid attention before things distract them. I think of it as practice for school. They are learning how to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment