The only perfect person To raise YOUR kids Is
YOU.
It will never be me. It is impossible for me to do everything the way that you do. And if raising your kids in a very specific manner is that important to you you should probably be making a few more sacrifices to make sure it happens exactly the way you would like it to. Because 3 kids + 2 full time jobs + homeschooling > what you can handle!
On that note, I think I have figured out what I want to do when I "grow up." (because the nanny thing is obviously going REAL well)
I want to be a nurse practioner! I am applying to wake tech's nursing program. Applications for spring semester of 2010 are due by July 1st. I am also attending a meeting for the nursing program on April 13. The plan is to go and finish an AS in nursing. Then take the test to be a registered nurse. Then I would use an online degree program to get my msn. locally, the university of phoenix, regis university, and unc all offer online programs to get from an RN to MSN in 3 years. Realistically, with a family and work it would probably take a little bit longer. I'm thinking 3.5 or 4 years. Which would bring me to 6 years of school. The timing is kind of nice too because Brian will be finishing up his 1st year of school as I am starting mine.
A few people have suggested nursing to me before but it just didn't click with me until this week. I realized that I could be what Marci was! who is Marci, you ask. Marci Sargenti was my doctor growing up. Well, she wasn't a doctor, but a nurse practitioner! When I realized I could be what Marci is it all clicked!
The nursing program at wake tech is fairly competitive. About 60% of the people who apply get in. But we'll see!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment