Saturday, May 2, 2009

leaving on a jet plane

Yesterday was quite eventful. I made some tutus for pure expressions to use at peak fest. I brought Micah home from emily's after dance and he needed to nap. He fought it for, oh, 2 hours or so before falling asleep. So my afternoon looked like this: find clothes to pack, change micah's diaper. Put a load of laundry in washer, rub Micah's back. Make myself lunch, pick Micah up and lay him down on my bed to fall asleep. Have Micah inspect my teeth as I lay there with him, put Micah back in crib. Rotate laundry to dryer. Realize I washed my whites with a brown couch cushion. Cry. Find bleach. Wash whites again. Make Micah a bottle because he's still not asleep. Check on whites. Still brown. Wash whites again with more bleach. Pick up micah's bottle from floor. Put back in crib. Pack other stuff. See that whites are still yucky. Cry again. Move on to colors. Micah FINALLY falls asleep. I then Write instructions for dance subs. Rotate laundry. Get a bad stomachache and cry again. Have to wake Micah up to leave for dance. Teach for 2.5 hours. Come home change clothes and head off to youth group event. Decide to be only marginally late instead of really late by forgoing starbucks. Exhausted. Leave at 10:50 (10 mins early!) go home and pack the clean clothes. Be thankful for a fantastic husband who says he prefers pinkish-grey undershirts to white ones. Go to bed at 12. Wake up at 4:27 and wonder how I hit snooze 3 times on my alarm. Shower at super sonic speed, pack the car and leave. Wow! I am exhausted!

No comments: