Friday, December 14, 2012

RA

Well, I finally feel like I'm not playing catch up with life. Hallelujah! This stay at home mom thing is harder than I thought it would be, and way more awesome than I thought it would be too. I feel like I have a handle on things an that I'm not spinning out of control anymore. Hooray!

Now I'm trying to get a handle on my health. The kids are both healthy (knock on wood) and so I really need to get this rheumatoid arthritis/lupus thing better. I'm tired of being in debilitating pain and tired of fighting with my body. The week before we moved i was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I still think what i haw going on is lupus, but the rheum i saw wasn't as convinced... I tried the medicine mobic and it didnt help so i got a prednisone rx. This was my second round of steroids in 3 weeks. My first round began with me overdosing and going in to hysterics at work. It was awful!! After that fiesta, the rheum put me on plaquenil. Plaquenil takes 6-8 weeks to kick in, so she mentioned that I might get worse and then get better. I am on week 4 and I feel like my body is dying. My neck is so inflamed I can't turn my head at. I'm talkin pain when I breathe, move any direction, or lay down. Other than that just about every other joint hurts too. I went to urgent care today because the two rheumatologists in the area were not available. One was closed and one wouldn't see me without reviewing my records first. Lame. The dr at urgent care put me on another prednisone step down (my third run in 10 weeks.) and suggested I see a Rheum at loma Linda hospital which is about an hour away. I called and they were closed for the weekend.

So, maybe the loma Linda rheums will have a new perspective for me. Please pray for an appointment soon and for wisdom for the doctors and for me!

No comments: