This is "Sea Cruise" and holy hell this was the hardest thing I've ever done! I made the skirts from scratch and found out that stretch sequin is so not my BFF. Brian and I stayed up all night the night before the competition to get them finished. Seriously. He was sewing ruffles on my serger while I was putting together the skirts. It was insanity, but worth it in the end. I think they came out really well! Had all of the fabric come in sooner I would have like to have the Sequins go all the way around the skirts and tops, but time didn't allow it. I also wanted to add ruffles on the booties of their bloomers, but that didn't work out either. Oh, well. Live and Learn... Order supplies early!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Costumes! Part 2
This is "Sea Cruise" and holy hell this was the hardest thing I've ever done! I made the skirts from scratch and found out that stretch sequin is so not my BFF. Brian and I stayed up all night the night before the competition to get them finished. Seriously. He was sewing ruffles on my serger while I was putting together the skirts. It was insanity, but worth it in the end. I think they came out really well! Had all of the fabric come in sooner I would have like to have the Sequins go all the way around the skirts and tops, but time didn't allow it. I also wanted to add ruffles on the booties of their bloomers, but that didn't work out either. Oh, well. Live and Learn... Order supplies early!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment