Thursday, January 20, 2011

Some thoughts.

I have been on a tomato kick lately. I really can't get enough of panera's roasted tomato soup. Seriously, yum! I think if there was one thing i could change about my husband it would be that he doesn't like tomatos. I think if that's my biggest complaint then we are doing pretty good!

When we first got married one of our biggest disagreements was when we should eat dinner and what it should be comprised of. Growing up, my family ate dinner early, at 5-6ish. We also had 4 or 5 things on our plate. For example, we would have smaller portions of chicken, ceasar salad, rice, and fruit. Brian's family ate dinner later, at 7 or 8 and had larger portions of one or two things on his plate. We have now compromised by eating dinner earlier, but just having 2 or three things on our plate. :)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Boy he has a bad memory. Everything was homemade filled with organic and healthy foods. We always had dishes filled with vegetables and protein. Mostly hidden. The leaner the better. Mostly chicken and fish. We had limited rice. Fruit was always for desert. When he was swimming though it was all about carbs and pasta with protein. Not us. We don't really like carbs or sweets. He got that from college. Now it is all organic and fresh. Nothing with sugar or preservatives. I wish he would have learned that. Sorry he doesn't remember all that.

Lindsay said...

hmmm... Well that was my experience of dinner at your house. :) There were fewer things on the plate than at my house growing up. Not good or bad, just different. :)

Anonymous said...

Whenever you eat...whatever you eat, I hope you three enjoy! Must say the artichoke dip and chopped salad you guys made the other night was fantastic! Love you! Mom