My engine had also been overheating and it finally was really freaking out! I drove it to the closest car place to my work and it turns out that the radiator needed to be replaced. They quoted me about $1250 and I had a heart attack. I called Brian and then my dad for advice and Brian got to work finding a cheaper way to do it. We figured we could probably get it done for $700-$800. An amount we still didn't have, but it was better than $1250.
We drove to the dealership to see if we could figure out how much the radiator would cost to just buy and then figure out how to beg my dad to come to NC and put it in for me. ;) while we were on our way to the dealership i vaguely recalled buying an extended warranty when I bought my new (to me) car. We asked the manager about it and he couldn't check it, but he sent us over to the maintenance facility (about 1 mile away). I spoke to the manager there and he couldn't check in the system, but gave me a phone number to call. I called the phone number and my radiator was COVERED!!! All that I had to pay was a $100 deductible and a $25 dealer disposal fee. And the towing from the garage to the dealer was free too!! I was 400 miles away from the warranty expiring, so had this happened two weeks from now I probably would have been over the mileage limit for the warranty! Praise God!!
The air conditioning on the other hand is an entirely different story. The case that holds the air conditioning has lots of doors, and one of the doors is broken. The part to fix the problem is only about $80, but they have to take the whole dashboard out, take apart the case, fix the door, put the case back together and re-charge the a/c, and then re-install the dashboard to fix it and that's about $800 worth of labor. Needless to say, I passed on fixing it. So now Brian and I are going to have to trade cars this summer or something because of my delicate condition. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment