Well, things took a turn for the worse and my OB decided that it was go time on Friday night. After he thought about the whole situation he said that the risk of me having a seizure was too great to just buy us a few more pregnant days; because it was just a matter of days at that point.
After my appointment on Friday I was sent over to the hospital for monitoring. After being monitored, dr. Brannon decides that it is go time and we are having a baby tonight. They prep the OR and apparently had to push back a lady that had been waiting since 1:30pm. It was about 5pm when dr. Brannon said, "go!" I walked into surgery and started to get really nervous. They gave me a spinal and then set me up on the table. They put a curtain up and brian came in and about 5 minutes later dr. Brannon is yelling for Brian to look around the curtain. She's pulled out and immediately cries, which makes me cry, and they poke her around the curtain for me to see too. Brian gets to cut her cord and watch as they clean her up and while I'm having my guts put back together, the nurse brings her over to me and I get to kiss her before she goes off to the nursery.
I head back to my recovery room and they begin a magnesium sulfide drip in my IV which makes me feel like i was run over by an 18 wheeler. I somehow managed to get up and out of bed so that i could go hold Grayson, but got to the NiCU, lasted about 2 minutes and then my blood pressure dropped
Really low and I almost passed out and they rushed me back to my room. I was miserable all day on Saturday. I couldn't even open my eyes or sit up. It was awful!
Saturday at about 5 pm they unhook me from the magnesium and move me to a recovery room. AKA a torture chamber. After the c-section they had me on a catheter because of the magnesium. After the catheter is removed they give you 8 hours to pee. In the torture chamber they made me get up and walk to the bathroom (OW!) and try to pee. And repeat about 5 times. The moving around was both good for me and awful! It hurt SO badly, but each time I got up to walk, the easier it was to do again the next time. My sweet nurses tried every trick in the book to try to help me to pee. At one point I had my feet in a bucket of warm water, my hand under running water, while I was blowing bubbles and still nothing came out! I tried a warm shower and nada! So they had to catheterize me again and the clock re-set. When they did that catheters though my bladder was so full she had to cal another nurse in to empty the bucket so it didn't spill! Haha! I really did need to pee, I just couldn't get it out! Around 2 am I was able to get up (on my own!) and pee! Woohoo!
Grayson is doing really well! She was put on a c-Papp to help ease her breathing a little bit, but it has already been removed. Currently she just has an IV in her foot, and a feeding tube through her nose. She is SO cute, and has hair!! The nicu here has its' highs and lows. Micah isn't allowed in, but anyone else is allowed to visit as long as they are with us. So, Emily and some of my dance friends have been able to meet her, but Micah hasn't. :(
All things considered Micah is doing really well with all of the craziness, and boy do I have great friends! He got to hang with Cooper buddy and co on Friday night, and Haley and the scary cats on Saturday-Monday, and then Emily is picking him up from school on Monday. I think. Whatever it is, they have it all worked out. I am so humbled by the help everyone has offered and made happen for us. We couldn't have done this without APA or our friends!
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Congratulations! I'm sorry you have to go through the NICU again, but glad to hear Grayson is doing well.
All under control! You just get better! :) Love you!
Post a Comment