Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can't wait to try this!

I'm mostly putting this recipe on here so that I can find it again later, but I really want to try this corn chowder. yum yum! Its from my friend Melissa at Silver Tide Photography.
3 red potatos cubed (1in or smaller)
4 stalks of celery
about 1.5 cups of carrots diced
one red onion diced
2 cloves of garlic, 1 can of whole corn (with liquid),
1 can of creamed corn,
basil,
salt/pepper,
2 tbsp butter,
1... 1/4 cup of water,
2 or 3 cubes chicken boullion

crock pot it. Cook on low for 8ish hours, or 5 on high, mix a little half and half or whipping cream with about 1.5 tbsp corn starch to thicken, then add 10oz cream to the crock pot w/ the starch mixture and let cook for another 30 mins. I added some red pepper flakes (like a teaspoon, maybe 2, I like it a little spicy), and a good dose of Lawrey's Seasoning salt, and because I was especially lazy - added a large can of chicken chunks.

Yum! Seriously.

No comments: