I warned you, so if you are reading this far you are going to know a lot about me in the next few seconds...
So, I have been beyond exhausted lately. Like I can't keep my eyes open kind of tired. Like I took a four hour nap on Sunday and Brian had to wake me up because it was 7pm and we hadn't eaten dinner yet. So I went to the doctor and she did some tests. Fortunately, I dont have Kaiser anymore so I actually got answers AND follow appointments! hooray!
My bloodwork came back to show that I have had mono at some point in my life, but it isn't active now. (craziness! I had no idea. How can you have mono and not know?!?!) My thyroid is on the high end of normal and so more tests are being done and I am waiting on those results. (This could explain why I can't lose weight lately!) My vitamin D is SUPER low which could explain the fatigue! I am being put on a giant dose of vitamin D. The over the counter vitamin D supplement is 1,000 iu. I am being put on a 50,000 iu supplement. (Hooray! Problem AND solution! I love answers!)
If you thought that was more than you wanted to know about me than stop reading now!
.
.
.
Tomorrow I start my prep for a colonoscopy on Friday. EEEK!
The gluten free diet has cut my stomache aches from 4-5 a week to one every 10 days or so, but because I'm still having issues they dr wants to take a look at(in?) my intestines. I am really dreading this, not going to lie. I shall be tweeting the whole miserable process on friday. Stay tuned!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Are you going to B's docs?
The worst and most confusing part of the whole gluten free thing is that it actually takes about 18 months to be totally cleared of your system. Thankfully I am now at that point, but still have to be careful of my stress level, etc (that seems to effect my stomach). SO--if they don't find anything (I also had every test under the sun) then that may be the cause. Glad to hear you are feeling so much better though! Welcome to the club!
Post a Comment