Friday, October 2, 2009

Thoughts on life.

When things are important to you, you make them work!
There is a volunteer that I have and she volunteers every other week during 2nd service. There are two services. There was a mix up on my end with the weeks she was supposed to be scheduled, my paperwork said she worked 1st and 3rd sundays, she really works 2nd and 4th. Understandably, she got a little irritated when I kept scheduling her incorrectly and she had to email me. As it turns out, she was in need of a sub this week. We JUST got the 1st and 3rd Sundays filled with a volunteer because we had one leave with a big medical emergency. So she emails me and says "we're out of town this week. Can you find us a sub?" I emailed her back with the info of the volunteer who works the opposite weekends and asked her nicely to find her own sub. She did. All is well, right?

not so much.

I get an email today asking if I can please put together a sub list because it is really hard on them to only go to service two times a month. We have two services every Sunday, so I'm not really sure why she couldn't just come to first service. If it's important to you, you figure it out and make it work! Apathy isn't very becoming on anyone, especially when they are complaining about the situation. If you have the issue with it, then you need to fix it!
/vent.

2 comments:

Allison Elizabeth said...

Story of my life. Join me.

Lindsay said...

hahah Ali! Good to know I'm not alone!